1/32 Ansaldo A1 "Balilla"
(See the "Balilla" Walkaround page for gallery of reference)
You may have followed the kits development over the last three years and have seen photos of some of the exquisite kit parts, trial decals etc, leaving you in no doubt as to the kits quality and accuracy and I'm delighted to say that I am now able to take orders for this state-of-the art multi media kit!
Master patterns and photo-etch has been designed, drawn and created by master modeller Ron Kootje and artist Auke Elsinga. Trust me - you will never see a more complete kit..
Many thousands of hours have been spent by a team of nineteen individuals and state-of-the-art companies on it’s development.
If you decide to pre-purchase one (or more!) of the initial production batch of 200 kits you will be helping us in the final stages of the model’s production with decals, box and instruction manual printing being the final tasks..
Our “Balilla” is based on actual factory drawings and extensive study of references, including records of the two surviving examples in Italy with photo references supplied by Alberto Caserati and Szymon Grzywocz, with technical assistance and beautiful artwork from Juanita Franzi and material from Colin Owers.
All parts have been meticulously hand crafted or printed and refined using the latest cutting edge 3D print technology, with assistance from our friend Costas at Gaspatch Models.
The “Balilla" will be available in two boxings..
1) Italian Home Defence service, including the two spectacular “George and the Dragon” marked presentation aircraft and Captain Eddie Rickenbacker joyrider from 1922!
2) Polish “Kosciuszko” squadron of the 1919 -21 Polish/Russian war and beautiful Mexican markings option!
Rowan Broadbent (Pheon Decals) has designed the extensive markings options for many gorgeous Balillas.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE KIT?
Everything you need to produce a stunning model. Today’s resins and casting materials produce results that can capture detail like no other method. Enhanced by state-of-the-art decals and photo-etch, even a white metal cast tail skid!
* 140+ resin parts (including “US” or “Polish” jacketed Vickers guns), strut positioning jigs etc.,
* 200+ photo-etch brass parts
* Acetate for windscreen and copper wire
* Specially commissioned "RB Productions” paper and nickel etched seatbelt sets
* "Pheon Decals" extensive markings decals
* “Aviattic” tailored linen, woodgrain, instrument faces and "St. George" artwork decals
* Specially commissioned “HGW” fuselage nail head decals
* Rolled A3 profiles and colour reference poster (specially commissioned artwork by Juanita Franzi)
* Fully illustrated manual designed by Bo Monroe telling history of the aircraft, Pheon markings profiles and reference photos
* Instructions will be a downloadable PDF file posted here
Extensive photo reference archive to enhance your build will be available via an Aviattic “Pinterest” boards
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
£160.00 GBP plus VAT (20% if in UK or EU, non-applicable rest of world) and shipping (UK and International £10.00 - all Italian, Russian, Brazilian and Mexican sales have to be tracked and are more)
SO HERE IT IS, AVIATTIC'S FIRST AEROPLANE KIT!
A sentence I’ve long dreamed of saying. My thanks to my amazing team and to you for believing it could happen.