ATTRES 046 Fokker DVII OAW built "mid" production Jasta 65 field-mod cowling panel set for WNW kit
Converts an "early" Wingnut Wings Fokker DVII to OAW configuration.
I recommend downloading the instruction manuals from the various WNW DVII kits from their still-functioning website.
Jasta 65 machines often flew with their upper engine cowlings removed to permit air-cooling of the volatile phosphorus ammunition.
The port upper panel may have been fixed over the lower one to eliminate in-flight "flutter" and has been noted on other machines.
This type of modification applies to "Seven Swabians" and "U10" at least..
1) Replicated kit parts J16
2) Starboard fuselage panel with one louvre in triangular inspection panel
3) Port fuselage panel with one louvre in triangular inspection panel
4) Port top panel overlapping lower panel
5) Axle wing and chin cowling fasteners and bolts.
6) Flare guns, flare racks set
Parts replicating original WNW parts have been CAD drawn, amended where necessary and not "copy" cast.
3d printed parts require careful cutting from build trees and cleaning up with a file.
They are ready to prime and glue using CA or 2-part contact adhesive.